Name:
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A night without armor

My idea's rejected, my thoughts denied
no armor left protect my inside
I am on an island, not alone
the island is my life, the sea, the world outside
Christ gives me all the life I need
My strength, my will, my drive
my island suits my life you see
with such a varied terrain
cold snow upon the mountains
the rain upon the plain
other islands in the distance
do I dare to travel there,
for the lagoon is filled with sharks
and the coral my heart will tear
so I sit upon the sandy shore,
look back at my island there
all I need is before me
but I search for so much more
so I gather all I need here
for the journey may be far,
store meat in God's word,
store water in a jar
we build a raft together
the new man that lives in me
we'll journey out upon the waves
and with him, the world to see

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home