Name:
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Monday, May 07, 2007

New Day

Watching the sun come up on this new day, the clouds reflect the beauty of the water around me. Waves breaking on the breeze, small whitecaps across the water, gentle surf sounds, the rythm of the wind lapping at my feet, the fine sand blows across my paper like my thoughts scattered about my life do fall on this notebook. Her eye's haunt me, her smile floats my dreams like she floats across the earth when she walks. Eye's open or shut, I see her often, just being near her seems to keep me awake for days, so avoiding eye contact seems to keep me sane.

Later in the day, I am scratching at the ground, shaping what will be a new railroad track. As I head for a more wooded area, needing to be cleared, I see in a lovely clearing, a single apple tree, filled with blossoms, so beautiful, the petals falling in the breeze. As I near this lovely place, I realize, the tree is right where the new spur needs to go, so with much apprehension, I drove my D8 right up to this beautiful tree and pushed it over, tearing it out by the roots, and pushing it over, the petals slowly floated into my cab, and a few landed on me, I wish I could give them to someone special, but alas, I don't believe anyone would want any flowers from me, so this beautiful place destroyed and the only ones who now know of it are you and I...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home