Name:
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Thy dream is my goal

I had a wonderful dream last night, and as I often dream, and most are not wonderful, I thought I would tell you about it. I was sleeping soundly, when I suddenly awoke to be sitting on top of a big hill, The wind was gently blowing the pages of the book I was reading, down in the valley below us, was a herd of cows grazing, and there was a little red-haired girl on my lap. While I looked around, A voice behind said, "keep reading daddy" and then another voice to my side said, "You look very happy to be home Jim, What a beautiful day" and I looked at the woman beside me, and reached out to her. Cupping her chin in my hand, I realized that this was my wife, and The baby she was holding was the youngest of three children that were with us. The young boy behind me said, " I wanna hear about the passenger pigeons again, were they really that many of them?" I rubbed my thumb down the cheek of my wife and told her I loved her, as I stared into her eye's for a long moment, my alarm clock went off, and I woke up with tears in my eye's. It was the first happy dream I have had in years, and it was wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I swear I can still smell the alfalfa drying in the sun, and hear the wind blowing the leaves of the trees behind us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

What a beautiful dream! maybe it will come true someday :) I rarely remember any of my dreams, and when I do they always seam to be right when I wake up so they are ended befor they can get to the good parts.
~Em

8:41 PM  
Blogger landlooker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home