Name:
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

China heart in my chest

China heart in my chest
one of the ways I have been blessed
no callous to cover, afraid of pain
broken too often, cannot glue it again
through doctrine I climbed to where I am
respect and friendship is what I seek
though my thought may not seem meek
keeping me from larger mistakes
and even bigger heartaches
This china heart is safe again
I hold it tight, show it too a friend
bubblewrap all popped and gone
how I kill the time alone
I finally took the time to repair
the little pieces scattered everywhere
so with drying glue I sit and stare
watch the wind blow through her hair
the china hutch I seem to be
tattered and worn though it is me
the family heirloom that is my dreams
I see it clearly while watching moonbeams

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

WOW! This is really good! it is so hard to glue the peices together when you have no hope. but once you find it the gluing is so much easier!
~Em

8:09 PM  
Blogger landlooker said...

Thank you, I am glad you were able to see the meaning in this one, you gave me the idea, and it just came out.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I am really glad you wrote it, it does mean alot!
~Em

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home